92 bb brake lines help

Discussion of STOCK calipers, pads, rotors, fluids, lines, reservoirs, pedals and systems.

92 bb brake lines help

Postby Ajl0429 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:57 am

i need to replace all my brake lines they have rusted and rotted out in all sorts of spots and the previous owner n*****-rigged some spots with high pressure hoses and they finally gave out on me. thank god in the driveway. so i know we dont have any pre-bent sets made to buy. so can you guys help me with what i should get and how i should go about replacing them. 1992 bill blass mk7
Ajl0429

Re: 92 bb brake lines help

Postby 90 MarkVII BB » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:11 pm

Ajl0429 wrote:i need to replace all my brake lines they have rusted and rotted out in all sorts of spots and the previous owner nigger-rigged some spots with high pressure hoses and they finally gave out on me. thank god in the driveway. so i know we dont have any pre-bent sets made to buy. so can you guys help me with what i should get and how i should go about replacing them. 1992 bill blass mk7

First, careful with the language there, bud. Second, you can go any number of routes - it's recommended to run the lines along the same path to avoid interference/line rubbing issues which could eventually wear through and produce another leak, though its not absolutely necessary (I didn't). As for materials, you can go with steel line. Many recommend Poly-Armour brake line, which is steel coated with plastic to ward off rust. Another option is NiCopp brake like, which is supposed to not rust at all, and is much easier to bend/flare. Both are more expensive than steel line.

I opted to have a shop do it. I supplied materials, four hours labor.

Our lines are double flare, 3/16" to the front, 1/4" to the rear.
"Ivory" - 1990 Mark VII Bill Blass Edition
3G Alternator, Arnott Air springs front/rear, hardwired dashcam, Tigerpaw whitewalls, all 4 brake lines new NiCopp, all else factory.
In the works - Backup cam, Addco#415.
90 MarkVII BB
CLUB MEMBER

Postby oldschool1 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:56 pm

Choices.

Thank you for the brake line resources!
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby 90 MarkVII BB » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:38 am

oldschool1 wrote:Choices.

Thank you for the brake line resources!

My pleasure! I try to source all my materials so that they are easily searchable for others. I also keep notes in my 'Mark VII bible' on paper in case sources disappear or websites close hah :lol: Can't be too meticulous when it comes to these cars.
"Ivory" - 1990 Mark VII Bill Blass Edition
3G Alternator, Arnott Air springs front/rear, hardwired dashcam, Tigerpaw whitewalls, all 4 brake lines new NiCopp, all else factory.
In the works - Backup cam, Addco#415.
90 MarkVII BB
CLUB MEMBER

Postby oldschool1 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:10 am

Thanks for your meticulousness.
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Return to Brakes