Brake Hoses

Discussion of STOCK calipers, pads, rotors, fluids, lines, reservoirs, pedals and systems.

Brake Hoses

Postby TimH » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:57 pm

Is anyone else having trouble finding front brake hoses for a 1992 Mark VII SE? I have been looking for 6 weeks with no luck. The issue is the hex end that fits into the body bracket. The Raybestos no. BH38191 fits the passenger side, though most sites call it out as the driver's side. Raybestos part no. BH38192 is listed as the opposite side, but it has a round fitting and will not work with the bracket. I'm at my wit's end over this. NAPA was not able to help. If someone could hook me up with the original part no. I may be able to do some more research.
Thanks in advance.
TimH

Re: Brake Hoses

Postby TimH » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:30 pm

I found the OEM part nos. (E45Y-2078-A & E45Y-2078-B) but still no luck.
TimH

Postby 90 MarkVII BB » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:47 pm

Not 100% on whether I'm correct in what you're referring to, but from what i find from pics of different brands, they all have the round end fitting for the front right. I think that's just the way it's designed. Have you compared it with the hose currently on the vehicle?
"Ivory" - 1990 Mark VII Bill Blass Edition
3G Alternator, Arnott Air springs front/rear, hardwired dashcam, Tigerpaw whitewalls, all 4 brake lines new NiCopp, all else factory.
In the works - Backup cam, Addco#415.
90 MarkVII BB
CLUB MEMBER

Postby beek0 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:49 am

Try rockauto.com. They list BH38191 for the right side (round) and BH38192 for the left side (hex). Looks like all the right side hoses they offer have the round end and the left side have the hex. Hopes this helps.
beek0
CLUB MEMBER

Postby beek0 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:57 am

oops. I had the numbers wrong. They list BH38192 for the right -round and BH38191 for the left - hex
beek0
CLUB MEMBER

Postby beek0 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:15 pm

I think I know your problem. The round end will not go through the hole in the bracket. You have to use the groove for the clip to slid the hose off and on. Pull the clip and wiggle the hose back till the groove lines up with the bracket and slid it off. To install the hose slide the hose on the bracket ( using the groove) then turn, push and wiggle it untill it seats and you can install the clip. Hope this helps.
beek0
CLUB MEMBER

Postby TimH » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:11 pm

90 MarkVII BB wrote:Not 100% on whether I'm correct in what you're referring to, but from what i find from pics of different brands, they all have the round end fitting for the front right. I think that's just the way it's designed. Have you compared it with the hose currently on the vehicle?

Thanks for checking it out; I've had the same results over the past 6 weeks. I have both hoses off the car, and they are identical mirror images of each other with hex ends. I tried the round fitting but it will not go through the hex hole.
Last edited by TimH on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TimH

Postby TimH » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:19 pm

beek0 wrote:I think I know your problem. The round end will not go through the hole in the bracket. You have to use the groove for the clip to slid the hose off and on. Pull the clip and wiggle the hose back till the groove lines up with the bracket and slid it off. To install the hose slide the hose on the bracket ( using the groove) then turn, push and wiggle it untill it seats and you can install the clip. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure I'm following you on how to get the hose through the clip. The caliper end is a 1 1/4" square fitting that won't go through either, but I'll take another look when I get home. The really strange part is that the BH38191 (sold as "left" with hex head) actually fits on the passenger side and I've already installed one there. The BH38192 (sold as right) would fit on the driver's side if it had a hex head.
TimH

Return to Brakes