Switch to full style
Discussion of STOCK calipers, pads, rotors, fluids, lines, reservoirs, pedals and systems.
Post a reply

Re: Teves leaking

Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:09 am

lincoln rookie wrote:One other thing,the part # does not appear to fit a Lincoln,only GM.

From one rookie to another,.... I think from surfing the net that some GM cars also used the Teves system, …..same parts, different box. :)

Lincoln rookie wrote:Someone has successfully used this switch on their Lincoln I assume?

Post by thunderjet » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:04 pm I installed the part and the brakes are working fine again with no leaks.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:15 pm

The system should be bled when anything is opened that allows fluid out, which can possibly let air in. But that switch hole will not cause much fluid or air transfer. It will not take much to bleed the system, minor job, and an excellent reason to get some new fluid into it.

Brake fluid should be discarded/flushed after a couple of years for optimum braking.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:11 pm

has anyone changed the switch without pulling the whole unit out of the car please?

Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:51 pm

Yes, I have replaced 3 pressure switches without removing the unit

Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:18 pm

LATE reply but yeah you can change the switch without removing the unit. It's actually not that hard to do. You will need to bleed the brakes.

So far so good. The AC Delco switch is working fine and still no leaks 9 months later.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:38 pm

The same type of Teves unit was used on some GM cars in the period. Buick Reatta for example. Hence a GM part.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:09 pm

Is the switch that you purchased for a 1991 Lincoln Mark Vii? I am trying to locate part numbers to look for the correct one. I bought a brand new one last year due to a faulty switch, and apparently, it has failed and is leaking (according to the mechanic) Same type of leak.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:09 pm

A gallon of DOT 4 to flush every year!

Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:23 pm

Hi All,

Just FYI, for those who are in California. I have found a company called invasion auto products. Located in Hollywood, CA. They rebuild any part of this system. They currently have mine, and the turn around is about 2 working days. I spent more time shipping from shop to shop rather than just have them look at it. I will update you with the cost of this service once its back in my hands.

Post a reply