Front control arms "part numbers"

Discussion of STOCK air springs, struts, shock absorbers, shocks, compressors, air driers, lines and systems.

Front control arms "part numbers"

Postby tis245 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:55 pm

Does any one know the part numbers for the front control arm bushings and ball joints for an 89 lsc? I want to make sure they are the right parts before I order. I've got a second pair of control arms to load the new parts in before I take apart the car. Any other parts I may need before doing this job I just want to make it as easy of a job as possible.
Thanks from Dayton Ohio
Chris Gaston
tis245

Re: Front control arms "part numbers"

Postby 90 MarkVII BB » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:42 am

Set of Moog front control arm bushings - K8495. Need two (one set each side)
Moog Ball joints - K8491. Need two

Also, just because you order the right ones doesn't mean they'll send you the right ones. I've had that happen to me haha.

Make it easier? - take the arms to a shop with a proper press to change them - turns a 2 hour swearing session trying to get the ball joints to go in straight into just a bit of a wait. The rented tools from autopepadvancezone are garbage.
"Ivory" - 1990 Mark VII Bill Blass Edition
3G Alternator, Arnott Air springs front/rear, hardwired dashcam, Tigerpaw whitewalls, all 4 brake lines new NiCopp, all else factory.
In the works - Backup cam, Addco#415.
90 MarkVII BB
CLUB MEMBER

Postby CDW6212R » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:01 pm

Agreed. Make sure every component is included in the boxes, even test fit the BJ boots. I had a Moog set and paid to have the bushings and BJ's installed. One of the BJ's had the wrong size boot included, and Moog does not have any customer support. I had to decide on paying to get the BJ removed, to send back for a replacement, or find a boot at my cost and trouble.

Have someone else press the parts in the LCA's, that is a dangerous and PITA job.
Don
1991 Red Special Edition, my 2nd SE, dead paint, DWS 255/45/17's on 95 Cobra wheels, and soon; DVD/Navi/backup camera, OBDII and the 347, before custom paint.
98 Mountaineer with Continental DWS 255/55/18's, big sway bars, custom brakes. Soon to be A4WD with XP8 bumpers and wing.

ImageImage
CDW6212R
CLUB MEMBER

Postby NewtownLSC » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:15 am

This helped me too. Thanks.
NewtownLSC
NewtownLSC

Postby tis245 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:33 pm

Thanks guys any thoughts on polyurethane bushings and how I would find the right ones if I wanted them.
Thanks from Dayton Ohio
Chris Gaston
tis245

Postby 90 MarkVII BB » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:18 am

tis245 wrote:Thanks guys any thoughts on polyurethane bushings and how I would find the right ones if I wanted them.

Poly will do the trick at less cost but increased NVH. I'm honestly not sure if there are any poly sets specifically for Mark VIIs fronts out there. I know for sure there are poly sets for the rear bushings.
"Ivory" - 1990 Mark VII Bill Blass Edition
3G Alternator, Arnott Air springs front/rear, hardwired dashcam, Tigerpaw whitewalls, all 4 brake lines new NiCopp, all else factory.
In the works - Backup cam, Addco#415.
90 MarkVII BB
CLUB MEMBER

Postby oldschool1 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:58 pm

NVH = Noise Vibration Harshness

8-)
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Return to Suspension