Looking for conversion kit

Discussion of STOCK air springs, struts, shock absorbers, shocks, compressors, air driers, lines and systems.

Looking for conversion kit

Postby johnm » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:51 am

Hello everyone,

I'm new on the forum. I have a Mark VII and it looks like I need a rear conversion kit. I'm looking at StrutsNThings website and I have looked at Arnott but is there any other companies out there I can look at before I place my order with Strutsnthing. Don't get me wrong Arnott and Strutsnthings have been great with their information. Their prices are a little bit higher then ebay or amazon but looks like great quality parts but just want to look around before ordering. Thanks!

John
johnm

Re: Looking for conversion kit

Postby 90 MarkVII BB » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:36 am

johnm wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm new on the forum. I have a Mark VII and it looks like I need a rear conversion kit. I'm looking at StrutsNThings website and I have looked at Arnott but is there any other companies out there I can look at before I place my order with Strutsnthing. Don't get me wrong Arnott and Strutsnthings have been great with their information. Their prices are a little bit higher then ebay or amazon but looks like great quality parts but just want to look around before ordering. Thanks!

John

Arnott is best bang for your buck if converting to springs - beefy spring perches and i think a great warranty. You get what you pay for. I wouldn't cheap out on suspension parts. Though I'd also advise to keep air suspension if possible. It isn't that hard to maintain once you know how it works, and separates our cars from most everything else on the road. Arnott also makes replacement air springs.

Any reason you're converting as opposed to replacing?
"Ivory" - 1990 Mark VII Bill Blass Edition
3G Alternator, Arnott Air springs front/rear, hardwired dashcam, Tigerpaw whitewalls, all 4 brake lines new NiCopp, all else factory.
In the works - Backup cam, Addco#415.
90 MarkVII BB
CLUB MEMBER

Postby johnm » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:28 pm

I'm converting because the air bags have been an issue, so my mechanic stated to convert would be an idea, which I agreed. I did order from Strutsnthings, so Thanks for your reply.
johnm

Postby Brad4d » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:49 pm

I just noticed the other day, that whoever did the conversion on mine(bought that way), didn't put any spring perches in. The rear spring shifted, and the body is sitting on one of them, raising that side of the car about an inch. Be sure it's done right, while it's apart. I'm not sure if the perches would be included in all kits. Just a friendly heads up.
Bradford (Brad) Bailey
1992 LSC Black on black. all stock
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada (No, I don't fish, or play hockey :lol: )
"I'm old enough to know I'm grumpy, just not old enough to know I'm old" (48 yrs.)
Brad4d

Return to Suspension