Hot Rod Marks on East Coast

race tracks, track times, tuning, dynos

Hot Rod Marks on East Coast

Postby OldAbe » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:11 pm

Hi im new to this forum and im wondering where are all the fast Mark VIIs at on the east coast. Im in Maryland anyone else around me? I would like to met some of you guys with modded and fast marks
OldAbe

Re: Hot Rod Marks on East Coast

Postby tomnh » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:05 pm

OldAbe wrote:Hi im new to this forum and im wondering where are all the fast Mark VIIs at on the east coast. Im in Maryland anyone else around me? I would like to met some of you guys with modded and fast marks

You are down in Mark VII land. There are several members that have modified their marks down there.

I kept mine rather mild as I do a lot of traveling with it. Joe (Mrfixit) is in NJ and has a blower on his.

I basically just converted mine to 93 cobra and 3.55 gears. Maf too with 24lb injectors and a chip. I have been clocked on Laser at 137mph on the highway (No I didn't get a ticket, the cop was a friend and he clocked me on request) and that was a bit scarey.

I am sure that the gang down your way will chime in too.
Welcome from NH. Go to the Welcome center and tell us a bit about your self (post photos too so we can all drool :D
tomnh

Dirty Deeds 90 lsc 93 Cobra heads and intake, 1.7 RR, 6AL ignition, United Exhaust 2 1/4" off road exhaust, no smog and no cats, X-Pipe, SCT chip and mass air, A9P ECU. 24lb injectors, 3:55 gears, 255 fuel pump, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator with gauge, 65mm TB, Ram Air intake, 17" 1998 cobra rims. Last tune was 290HP

Sandy 1989 lsc convertible (1 of 12) Original and Stock, driven daily and under renovation.

Buy Club Gear and Support Our Club !
http://www.cafepress.com/LincolnMarkVIIClub
tomnh
DECEASED MEMBERS

Postby OldAbe » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:36 am

Thats a very clean Mark VII you got there, really nice car
OldAbe

Postby White Lincoln » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:57 pm

Hey! Who taught you to PARK?! :lol:

Nice Mark and WELCOME!

Share what you have done with your Mark, I'm sure many of us would like you know how you got your "Heavy Metal" car to fly, so to speak.
White Lincoln
SITE ADMIN

Postby Mondragon » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:24 pm

I am currently working on a 1991 black SE, that Im modding, hopefully it will be a fast show worthy car. It does stink that no one is in my area. Would love to be closer to go out cruising with everyone. Nice car you have.
Mondragon

Postby OldAbe » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:10 am

White Lincoln wrote:Hey! Who taught you to PARK?! :lol:

Nice Mark and WELCOME!

Share what you have done with your Mark, I'm sure many of us would like you know how you got your "Heavy Metal" car to fly, so to speak.

That picture was taken right after I broke the AOD's input shaft in half, so we just kinda pushed it into the parking lot. It looked good sitting beside my friends stang so I took a picture :D
But anyway its a 331 stroker 11.1 comp, scat rods & crank, mahle flat top pistons, main cap girdle, 190cc alum heads, custom grind cam, 1.6 prw roller rocker, edelbrock rpm intake, built 5 stage holley 750 double pumper, holley black fuel pump, shorty headers, underdrives, msd ignition, built C4 transmission swap with forward manuel vb, tci flexplate, ATI 5,000 rpm stall 8in converter, custom driveshaft, 8.8 with 4.30 gears, mickey e/t streets, and still running the stock air suspension. I plan on putting in a roll cage, fuel cell, and slapping on a 150 shot of nitrous to it this winter for next years drag season :twisted:
OldAbe

Postby tomnh » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:12 pm

OldAbe wrote:Thats a very clean Mark VII you got there, really nice car

Thanks, it is a 90 lsc. gt40 heads and cobra intake. 65mm TB, all smog removed and 2 1/4 exhaust with X pipes and turbo mufflers. 6al ignition. 1.7 RR with the HO cam. Mass air and a sct chip. 3.55 gears and a shift improver kit. It dynoed at
289 RWH and 312 torque. Paint is firemist red metallic. Right now it died. looks like bad rings or pistons.
rims are 98 stang with 235-55/17 tires.
working on finding a new block to rebuild the motor and install a better cam. His name is Dirty Deeds.
tomnh

Dirty Deeds 90 lsc 93 Cobra heads and intake, 1.7 RR, 6AL ignition, United Exhaust 2 1/4" off road exhaust, no smog and no cats, X-Pipe, SCT chip and mass air, A9P ECU. 24lb injectors, 3:55 gears, 255 fuel pump, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator with gauge, 65mm TB, Ram Air intake, 17" 1998 cobra rims. Last tune was 290HP

Sandy 1989 lsc convertible (1 of 12) Original and Stock, driven daily and under renovation.

Buy Club Gear and Support Our Club !
http://www.cafepress.com/LincolnMarkVIIClub
tomnh
DECEASED MEMBERS

Postby pkv88mkvii » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:43 pm

OldAbe wrote:Hi im new to this forum and im wondering where are all the fast Mark VIIs at on the east coast. Im in Maryland anyone else around me? I would like to met some of you guys with modded and fast marks

Hello from Rochester N.Y. Just a couple states away. I've invested a few dollars in Mark hot rodding.
1988 Bill Blass. 363 Dart based stroker. 10.59@125 so far. More to come.
pkv88mkvii
CLUB MEMBER

Postby CDW6212R » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:36 am

Welcome from the East TN area, I'm near Dollywood.

I have plans for my 91 SE, but so far time and myself have slowed my progress. I did have a 347 engine built two years ago, and I need to get it done, in the car. I was going to first put it in my SUV, but now I'm doubting whether a turbo or KB blower will fit in that well enough. So after I convert this Lincoln to OBDII, I'll install it in it, and later do a turbo. It is built for a mild boost, stock block and 9.65:1 compression, custom cam with Canfield 195 heads.

Don
1991 Red Special Edition, my 2nd SE, dead paint, DWS 255/45/17's on 95 Cobra wheels, and soon; DVD/Navi/backup camera, OBDII and the 347, before custom paint.
98 Mountaineer with Continental DWS 255/55/18's, big sway bars, custom brakes. Soon to be A4WD with XP8 bumpers and wing.

ImageImage
CDW6212R
CLUB MEMBER

Postby pkv88mkvii » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:45 pm

You should have backed those rocker arm adjusters off long ago. It's not good for the springs to have some of them sitting in the compressed state for years.
pkv88mkvii
CLUB MEMBER

Postby CDW6212R » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:52 pm

pkv88mkvii wrote:You should have backed those rocker arm adjusters off long ago. It's not good for the springs to have some of them sitting in the compressed state for years.

I know, I've at least been turning the engine every 3-4 weeks. :oops:
Don
1991 Red Special Edition, my 2nd SE, dead paint, DWS 255/45/17's on 95 Cobra wheels, and soon; DVD/Navi/backup camera, OBDII and the 347, before custom paint.
98 Mountaineer with Continental DWS 255/55/18's, big sway bars, custom brakes. Soon to be A4WD with XP8 bumpers and wing.

ImageImage
CDW6212R
CLUB MEMBER

Postby OldAbe » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:01 am

pkv88mkvii wrote:Hello from Rochester N.Y. Just a couple states away. I've invested a few dollars in Mark hot rodding.

Yeah I know what you mean by a couple of dollars :lol: Ive read a couple of your posts on here and im very impressed with your 1/4 times. If you would, could you share what all you have done to the suspension to get that monster bill blass to hook up so well at the track?
OldAbe

Postby pkv88mkvii » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:17 pm

You would be surprised at how little. The front suspension is stock. I'm sending a Mark strut to Lakewood to see if they have something in a 90/10 that I can use. I'd have to convert to Mustang spring suspension to use a Mustang drag strut and I'm not giving up my air ride. The air suspension controller is gone and I have a suspension "center" in the trunk with 4 gauges, 4 switches, and 4 schraeder valves. I turn on the solenoid to a particular air bag and set the pressure where I want it. I air the front up at the track for a little better weight transfer and weight jack the RR so the car launches straight. In the rear I boxed all the control arms and put in poly bushings. I modified Mustang traction bars and moved them so the snubber hits a plate right under the frame rail. I need a panhard, because the rear wiggles around a little, but I haven't decided on a design yet that's strong enough. Maybe a watts linkage. The 8 point bar is one of the keys. It ties into the frame connectors I fabbed which are a lot stronger than the ones you can buy from say MM. Before the cage (when the car was running over 11.49 and I didn't need it) I was breaking windshields. On 295 M/T ET street radials the car pulls both front tires evenly about 6" and usually hooks without a squeak and a 1.57 60' time. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things, but that's the basics. The car is over 4000# with all accesories still working including those 100+ # leather Blass couch front seats. I keep saying I'm going to lose them and gain 2 tenths, but my friend just tells me to keep adding horsepower. I figure we're close to 700. I still drive the car around a little too. Not so much anymore at 5 mpg and $8/gal., lol, but it's fun.
pkv88mkvii
CLUB MEMBER

Postby OldAbe » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:49 pm

What year mustang traction bars did you use?
OldAbe

Postby OldAbe » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:52 pm

And can you post some pictures of your suspension "center" in the trunk?
OldAbe

Postby TitaniumLSC » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:44 am

Chiming in from Richmond virginia. Mods in sig :D
1992 Lincoln LSC. A9P MAF conversion, Cobra U/L intake, Professional Products 65mm TB, 255 Walbro, 30lb FRPP Injectors, Powerdyne BD-11 on 8lbs, Pypes 1&5/8 shortys, O/R H-Pipe, EGR delete, E-fan conversion, MSD ignition, T-5 swap, FRPP flywheel, Ram HDX clutch, Steeda clutch kit, Trac-Lok 4.10, 275 Nitto Drag Radials
2002 F150 SCab Lariat FX4. 18" Welds, 36x15.50 Mickey Thompsons, Fabtech, Mag Hytec, Detroit, Gotts, Edge, PowerStop, Yukon, DDMTunung
2000 Tahoe Z71. Daily beater, 280k miles, 285s, HIDs.
TitaniumLSC

Postby pkv88mkvii » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:19 pm

OldAbe wrote:What year mustang traction bars did you use?

I believe they were the late 80's- early 90's version. They were supposed to go up tight to the lower control arm on a Mustang and bolt to the lower control arm bolt, but had to be moved a few inches to the side to clear the air bag. I welded the brackets to the axle because that's stronger than taking a chance of breaking the lower control arm bolt from the rotational force. It also put the snubber right under the subframe rail where my frame connectors tie in.
pkv88mkvii
CLUB MEMBER

Postby pkv88mkvii » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:20 pm

OldAbe wrote:And can you post some pictures of your suspension "center" in the trunk?

We had a technical problem that cancelled my membership and my gallery disappeared. I have to figure out where it is now and I'll get some pics. back up.
pkv88mkvii
CLUB MEMBER

Postby eightlives » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:46 pm

Philadelphia PA here with a nice little 347stoker 87 Bill Blass named 'Pandora" :)
eightlives

Postby MrFixit » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:12 pm

Southern New Jersey here. Running the 5.0 with a Paxton supercharger.

89 Ebony Mark VII LSCR 5.0, AFR 165 heads, Vortec V3 supercharger, AOD
91 Electric Current Red LSC SE 351W, AFR heads, Paxton supercharger, TKO 5spd trans
86 Black LSC 393 stroker with 850cfm Demon carb, T5 trans
92 Deep Jewel Green Mark VII LSC
88 White Mark VII LSC

92 Deep Jewel Green Mark VII LSC SOLD
92 Deep Jewel Green Mark VII BB SOLD
92 Ebony Mark VII SOLD
96 Cordovan Metallic Towncar Diamond Anniversary Edition SOLD
88 White Mark VII LSC -sent to scrap yard
88 Tan Mark VII LSC - sent to scrap yard

SAWZALL FOOD:
89 RED LSC - http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/Gallery/album247
89 RED (Electric Current) LSC- http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/Gallery/album178
92 Deep Jewel Green LSC- http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/Gallery/album222
MrFixit
Chapter Coordinator

Postby Dallas90LSC » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:41 am

pkv88mkvii wrote:You would be surprised at how little. The front suspension is stock. I'm sending a Mark strut to Lakewood to see if they have something in a 90/10 that I can use. I'd have to convert to Mustang spring suspension to use a Mustang drag strut and I'm not giving up my air ride. The air suspension controller is gone and I have a suspension "center" in the trunk with 4 gauges, 4 switches, and 4 schraeder valves. I turn on the solenoid to a particular air bag and set the pressure where I want it. I air the front up at the track for a little better weight transfer and weight jack the RR so the car launches straight. In the rear I boxed all the control arms and put in poly bushings. I modified Mustang traction bars and moved them so the snubber hits a plate right under the frame rail. I need a panhard, because the rear wiggles around a little, but I haven't decided on a design yet that's strong enough. Maybe a watts linkage. The 8 point bar is one of the keys. It ties into the frame connectors I fabbed which are a lot stronger than the ones you can buy from say MM. Before the cage (when the car was running over 11.49 and I didn't need it) I was breaking windshields. On 295 M/T ET street radials the car pulls both front tires evenly about 6" and usually hooks without a squeak and a 1.57 60' time. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things, but that's the basics. The car is over 4000# with all accesories still working including those 100+ # leather Blass couch front seats. I keep saying I'm going to lose them and gain 2 tenths, but my friend just tells me to keep adding horsepower. I figure we're close to 700. I still drive the car around a little too. Not so much anymore at 5 mpg and $8/gal., lol, but it's fun.

I know many resist the poly bushings, but if you would ditch the rubber lower front bushings and install some ES poly bushings you would lose a shiteload of the rear sway. The factory bushing was made for comfort, not performance.
I've had all poly in the rear -except for the "ears" on the differential- for several years and I believe it is a poor man's answer to a panhard bar. There is VERY LITTLE give back there.
While I don't have as much HP as you, I do drive it hard. I've autocrossed as well as have had it on Hallett (roadracing).
Dallas90LSC

Postby pkv88mkvii » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Dallas90LSC wrote:
pkv88mkvii wrote:You would be surprised at how little. The front suspension is stock. I'm sending a Mark strut to Lakewood to see if they have something in a 90/10 that I can use. I'd have to convert to Mustang spring suspension to use a Mustang drag strut and I'm not giving up my air ride. The air suspension controller is gone and I have a suspension "center" in the trunk with 4 gauges, 4 switches, and 4 schraeder valves. I turn on the solenoid to a particular air bag and set the pressure where I want it. I air the front up at the track for a little better weight transfer and weight jack the RR so the car launches straight. In the rear I boxed all the control arms and put in poly bushings. I modified Mustang traction bars and moved them so the snubber hits a plate right under the frame rail. I need a panhard, because the rear wiggles around a little, but I haven't decided on a design yet that's strong enough. Maybe a watts linkage. The 8 point bar is one of the keys. It ties into the frame connectors I fabbed which are a lot stronger than the ones you can buy from say MM. Before the cage (when the car was running over 11.49 and I didn't need it) I was breaking windshields. On 295 M/T ET street radials the car pulls both front tires evenly about 6" and usually hooks without a squeak and a 1.57 60' time. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things, but that's the basics. The car is over 4000# with all accesories still working including those 100+ # leather Blass couch front seats. I keep saying I'm going to lose them and gain 2 tenths, but my friend just tells me to keep adding horsepower. I figure we're close to 700. I still drive the car around a little too. Not so much anymore at 5 mpg and $8/gal., lol, but it's fun.

I know many resist the poly bushings, but if you would ditch the rubber lower front bushings and install some ES poly bushings you would lose a shiteload of the rear sway. The factory bushing was made for comfort, not performance.
I've had all poly in the rear -except for the "ears" on the differential- for several years and I believe it is a poor man's answer to a panhard bar. There is VERY LITTLE give back there.
While I don't have as much HP as you, I do drive it hard. I've autocrossed as well as have had it on Hallett (roadracing).

The rear is all ES poly's. The car leaves pretty hard though and you can see by the marks from the traction bar snubbers how much the rear wiggles around.
pkv88mkvii
CLUB MEMBER

Postby pkv88mkvii » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:53 pm

OldAbe wrote:And can you post some pictures of your suspension "center" in the trunk?

pkv88mkvii
CLUB MEMBER

Postby oldschool1 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:33 am

"dun rite!"

Very cool. Thanks for the picture!
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby pkv88mkvii » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:52 pm

You can see the four different colored hoses for the air bags. I robbed some extra hose from one of my parts cars to get the front lines to the back of the car. I found a brass push connect union that fits the line size. It's a handy thing if you ever get a break in one of those lines and don't want to change the whole thing. The 4 green wires send ground from the switches to whichever bag solenoid I want to open. Those wires were right in the trunk for the suspension computer. I also put a red light near the L trunk hinge that receives it's ground when any of the switches are on. I killed the battery a couple times by leaving a switch on so now I won't close the trunk if I see the bright red warning light.
pkv88mkvii
CLUB MEMBER

Next

Return to Racing