Strutmasters' Spring sagging

Discussion of NON STOCK, NON OEM swaps, upgrades, lowering, modifications, modifying, customizing, anything Lincoln Mark VII.

Strutmasters' Spring sagging

Postby GRANADOJL » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:11 am

Hi there, It's been some time since I've posted. I have a '90 LSC with the Strutmasters kit... Only this weekend I found out that my front left spring is sagging a bit more than the front right. Is there anyone out there that has contacted Strutmasters to see if they will warranty out their springs?

If not, Anyone out there keep the Strutmaster spring perches and upgrade/use another spring?

I plan on contacting Strutmasters in hopes of getting the springs replaced under warranty, but in the case I cannot, I might end up sourcing another front set of springs. Most likely from a T-Bird... hoping they will fit.
1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE 5.0l
1957 Ford F100 347 Stroker
2006 Ford Explorer 4.6l
GRANADOJL

Re: Strutmasters' Spring sagging

Postby oldschool1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:01 am

I don't have an answer for you but I do have a few questions.

How long (years, months) have you had the springs on the car?
How many miles have you put on the springs?
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby 90 MarkVII BB » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:05 am

Strutmasters springs are notoriously lower quality. I have seen this occur in other Marks. They springs sag/deform, and I have even seen them damage the spring mounts. The other option is Arnott's spring conversion, which are widely accepted as the better option, having 'beefier' spring perches and better springs.

As for the warranty, I am not sure. Give them a call, if they want to keep you as a customer, I'm sure they go out of their way to answer any questions you have.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Ivory" - 1990 Mark VII Bill Blass Edition
3G Alternator, Arnott Air springs front/rear, hardwired dashcam, Tigerpaw whitewalls, all 4 brake lines new NiCopp, all else factory.
In the works - Backup cam, Addco#415.
90 MarkVII BB
CLUB MEMBER

Postby WHITEOXLSC » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:34 pm

WOW :shock: those are scary looking. If I owned that car, I would just put the air suspension back in, if possible.... After all, that is one thing that makes these cars so unique, but that's just me 8-)
Bruce
WHITEOXLSC
ImageImageImageImage

1990 Regatta Blue LSC (newest addition aka Blu)
1986 Mark VII Silver LSC (sold, aka the Grey Ghost)
1990 Mark VII Oxford White LSC (new addition aka the WhiteOx)
1993 Ford Green Explorer Sport 2WD 4.0L V6 (daily driver do everything truck)(loaded first generation)
1988 Ford Blue/mostly rust brown Ranger 2.9L V6 STX P/U (Old faithful) (dead trans, 358XXX miles, sold)
1975 Oldsmobile Blue Omega Hatchback Coupe

Proudly supporting ; Pick N Pull of the greater bay area, NAPA auto parts, Ebay, Suncore Industries, Johnny Franklin mufflers, and Paul Protos electronics restoration.
WHITEOXLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Location: Santa Rosa, Sonoma County (the "other" wine country) California

Postby 90 MarkVII BB » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:39 am

WHITEOXLSC wrote:WOW :shock: those are scary looking. If I owned that car, I would just put the air suspension back in, if possible.... After all, that is one thing that makes these cars so unique, but that's just me 8-)

I believe that person did. I really can't recall, but I believe the also welded the bent/damaged spring perch back in place
"Ivory" - 1990 Mark VII Bill Blass Edition
3G Alternator, Arnott Air springs front/rear, hardwired dashcam, Tigerpaw whitewalls, all 4 brake lines new NiCopp, all else factory.
In the works - Backup cam, Addco#415.
90 MarkVII BB
CLUB MEMBER

Return to Modifying