Handling Mods?

Discussion of NON STOCK, NON OEM swaps, upgrades, lowering, modifications, modifying, customizing, anything Lincoln Mark VII. SBB or Suck Bang Blow, refers to Air Intake, Ignition, and Exhaust. Modify this and you'll be golden.

Re: Handling Mods?

Postby CDW6212R » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:59 pm

428CobraJet wrote:I was looking at my addco415...it came with poly frame bushings, but regular links

Excellent, the cars need both bigger bars. So rarely has anyone installed both(I haven't either), it's not known what bushings are needed for the best balance.

Each driver is different of course, but you will prefer a certain stiffness and balance that will differ from others. Some might like all rubber bushings, while others may want the urethane for maximum stiffness. The good part is you can mix the two and place them to adjust the balance foremost.

I'd suggest installing the pieces you have on hand, and slowly testing it out. If you think it needs more stiffness at one end, put more urethane bushings there. Try to get it balanced the best way you like it, and then maybe a tweak is all it takes to fine tune it, soften it a bit with say a pair of rubber bushings at one end of the end links. That's the last step, and you're almost there.
Don
1991 Red Special Edition, my 2nd SE, dead paint, DWS 255/45/17's on 95 Cobra wheels, and soon; DVD/Navi/backup camera, OBDII and the 347, before custom paint.
98 Mountaineer with Continental DWS 255/55/18's, big sway bars, custom brakes. Soon to be A4WD with XP8 bumpers and wing.

ImageImage
CDW6212R
CLUB MEMBER

Previous

Return to Modifying