Uncomfortable Seats.

Discussion of STOCK air conditioning, consoles, defoggers, defrosters, door trims, heating, HVAC, safety air bags, seats, windows and systems.

Uncomfortable Seats.

Postby Mark 7 Hamilton » Sun May 14, 2017 6:25 pm

I drove my 90 on a longer trip (about 70 miles round trip) for the first time yesterday. I have got to say, my right leg was aching by the time I got home. The side bolster pushes on my leg. The left side is fine since & have the pressure relieved. But that right side bolster really sucks.
When I first drove the car I felt this problem but always thought is was due to wearing cargo shorts and the pocket was the issue. Yesterday I wore non-cargo shorts for the very reason.
I wonder if there is anything I can adjust?
I am not that big, 5'9" and 180lbs...
Mark 7 Hamilton

Re: Uncomfortable Seats.

Postby oldschool1 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:32 pm

Hi Mark,
Since it's a 90s LSC, your seat bolsters are adjustable by the switch on the driver's side of the driver's seat. If it is already adjusted all the way down, then it's time to resource some Bill Blass or Sport Seat Delete seats.
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby Mark 7 Hamilton » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:08 am

I thought about the Non-Sport Seats, but those are hard to come by.
AnyWho, the 750 mile round trip to Carlisle was okay. I adjusted the seat around and used the cruise most of the time. It was a good trip.

Now the poor guys that switched places to get away from the back seat...
Mark 7 Hamilton

Postby CDW6212R » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:59 pm

People say they like the pre-90 LSC seats better than the 90-92 versions. I have a friend who's owned several, plus Turbo Coupes, and he likes the old ones a little more. I have a set of 87 or so seats he gave me, they have a large front bolster that moves manually. That's the main difference I've noticed looking at them. The LSC seats are narrower than a lot of people, on long trip they can cause fatigue for the legs of some people.
Don
1991 Red Special Edition, my 2nd SE, dead paint, DWS 255/45/17's on 95 Cobra wheels, and soon; DVD/Navi/backup camera, OBDII and the 347, before custom paint.
98 Mountaineer with Continental DWS 255/55/18's, big sway bars, custom brakes. Soon to be A4WD with XP8 bumpers and wing.

ImageImage
CDW6212R
CLUB MEMBER

Return to Interiors