NEW OWNER DOWN UNDER

The Welcome Center is designed to provide you with information concerning your visit to our Club. Each first time visitor should stop by and tell us about yourself. The purpose of this introduction is to provide us with the necessary information to properly greet and welcome you to our forum.

NEW OWNER DOWN UNDER

Postby panhard » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:37 am

A warm welcome from Western Australia

Hi Folks,

I have just purchased a 1988 Lincoln MKV11 Bill Blass which was a Navarda car until it was imported into Western Australia in 2006, but has not been on the road since landing eleven years back. Being a desert car it is totally rust free and in recent years been given a new paint job and vinyl roof, plus new tyres and exhaust system. The most unfortunate part of the car is the dark blue interior of which the dash is cracked, door trims distorted and the front seats (especially the drivers) are dry and cracked. Being one of only a hand full of this model of Lincoln in Australia there are no parts to be found locally and I have to rely on contacts in the USA of which I have only one, fortunately my good friend has offered to receive parts and forward them on. The most frustrating thing I have come across is that scrolling through eBay and finding an item only to see a supplier doesn't post to Australia and eBay blocks the bid.

I am in need of a left hand headlight in good condition, the mouldings between the vinyl roof and the paint work at the side rear (near trunk), and any of the dark blue interior trim and seats in good condition plus the owners guide that was originally provided with the vehicle. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

John
panhard

Re: NEW OWNER DOWN UNDER

Postby panhard » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Hi Folks,

Having problems sorting out electrical problems with my newly acquired 1988 MKV11. CAN ANYONE HELP ME BY EMAILING THE WIRING DIAGRAMS FOR THE CAR. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John
From the land of Oz.
panhard

Re: NEW OWNER DOWN UNDER

Postby oldschool1 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:29 pm

Welcome from the east coast of the US.

Your 1988 Lincoln Mark VII Bill Blass sounds like a keeper. All of the issues that you mentioned are easily repairable (or coverable inn the case of the top of the dash).

Before continuing, replace your ignition switch. See the link in my signature below. Electrical gremlins normally start with a faulty ignition switch.
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Return to The Welcome Center