New Guy from Nova Scotia Canada

The Welcome Center is designed to provide you with information concerning your visit to our Club. Each first time visitor should stop by and tell us about yourself. The purpose of this introduction is to provide us with the necessary information to properly greet and welcome you to our forum.

New Guy from Nova Scotia Canada

Postby Brad4d » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:00 pm

Hi there, as the header for the welcome center suggests, I'm dropping a note to introduce myself. I'm new to Mark VII's, but certainly not the car scene. At 48 years old, I've owned around 50 different cars, mostly domestic, but have a weakness for VW's. I sold my '71 Baja Bug, in order to get my LSC. It was off the road for many years, and after a massive heart attack in May, it was obvious it wasn't going to get fixed by me. A friend is using it as a father/son project so that helps. But back to why were all here, I recently bought a '92 LSC, black, black leather, sunroof & phone options, with the BBS wheels. It has about 192k Kms. (a little under 120k miles), decent paint, with only a couple of small blisters that will get fixed in the spring. Underneath is great, and the only change, has been to convert it to coils. I'm real happy with it. As for me, I'm 48, and live in the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia, Canada. I worked in the security industry, doing many different types of jobs, but am now off on an early dissabilety. (PTSD/chronic headaches). As a lot may have seen on the Facebook page, I talk a lot....probably too much!! LOL I try not to offend anyone, and I'm here to learn and socialize. I'm pretty quick to speak my mind, but try not to offend or upset anyone. Had enough fighting in my off-line life, don't need it on here. I also don't mind being told if I'm wrong, I'd rather know, than keep thinking something untrue. If you ever wonder if I'm joking or being a jerk, it was probably a joke. If I'm being a jerk, you won't have to question it...LOL. Sometimes my filter is a bit off, that's all. I'm very happy to have this site as a resource, so we can keep these great machines on the road. A big thanks to the admin on here who keep this site running!! I love cars more than most, so it means a lot when others put effort into a club like this. There are some very smart people adding to these forums, thanks to you as well. And apparently, at times, I can be a bit 'sappy', lol. Thanks for letting me join, hope you're all well as you read this.
Bradford (Brad) Bailey
1992 LSC Black on black. all stock
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada (No, I don't fish, or play hockey :lol: )
"I'm old enough to know I'm grumpy, just not old enough to know I'm old" (48 yrs.)
Brad4d

Re: New Guy from Nova Scotia Canada

Postby oldschool1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:27 pm

Welcome from sunny downtown Primos, Pennsylvania!

Congratulations on the acquisition. Your Winters are just a bit colder than mine so I can understand waiting until the Spring to get things done. if there is any minor interior work that needs to happen, I just start the car and crank up the heat until it's above 50 degrees and then I'm golden.

The ADMIN here is a really great Guy that primarily over sees the WANT TO BUY and FOR SALE sections. I'm his assistant and get to do all of the grunt work.

Use the USER CONTROL PANEL to create a signature and enter your name and location and vehicle year and type. It will save you from answering it every time you post a TECH question.
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby Brad4d » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:11 pm

Thanks John. I added the signature, thanks for the advice. Our winters don't usually get too bad either. I'm thinking of getting a small electric heater, so I don't gas the garage, or have to move it every time I want to tinker. I hope to start it regularly, and try and use my long driveway to keep the rotors clean anyway. Hopefully I won't lose my mind and drive it. Lots of salt on our roads. When the tripminder & compass come back from Paul P., I'll want to put those in. I'm also going to take the seat switches apart for cleaning. Hopefully it'll wok out, that's the kind of job I enjoy, and perfect for winter work. I won't mess with bodywork or paint in the cold though. There are a couple of minor spots, that I want to stop from spreading. Once I get the car sorted out, I plan on trying a couple of shows, in stock form. Most of what I've had was custom, but this car has gotten about the same level of attention as most of those. People really love them, no matter if they like cars or not. Someday, I may even want to travel for a show, & see a lot going on in New England. One part of North America I haven't seen, but would like to. I need to get out more, and plan on using the car to do it. Good medicine, in my opinion.
Bradford (Brad) Bailey
"I'm old enough to know I'm grumpy, just not old enough to know I'm old" (48 yrs.)
Brad4d

Postby CDW6212R » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:03 pm

Welcome Brad, from the cold part of the South. We get some snow here, maybe 3-4 times of a few inches or so each. I use snow tires for work on those days, and we get enough salt that it eats cars about 20% as fast as up north.

Keep browsing, there's a lot to see from other's projects or questions. Regards,
Don
Don
1991 Red Special Edition, my 2nd SE, dead paint, DWS 255/45/17's on 95 Cobra wheels, and soon; DVD/Navi/backup camera, OBDII and the 347, before custom paint.
98 Mountaineer with Continental DWS 255/55/18's, big sway bars, custom brakes. Soon to be A4WD with XP8 bumpers and wing.

ImageImage
CDW6212R
CLUB MEMBER

Postby WHITEOXLSC » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Welcome to the club from fire ravaged (Santa Rosa) Sonoma County CA. It is raining now go figure :roll: Anyway, you have come to the right place to get all the information you need on your Mark VII. Lots of great info here and good people to help along the way....Again welcome aboard.. :mrgreen:
Bruce
WHITEOXLSC
ImageImageImageImage

1990 Regatta Blue LSC (newest addition aka Blu)
1986 Mark VII Silver LSC (sold, aka the Grey Ghost)
1990 Mark VII Oxford White LSC (new addition aka the WhiteOx)
1993 Ford Green Explorer Sport 2WD 4.0L V6 (daily driver do everything truck)(loaded first generation)
1988 Ford Blue/mostly rust brown Ranger 2.9L V6 STX P/U (Old faithful) (dead trans, 358XXX miles, sold)
1975 Oldsmobile Blue Omega Hatchback Coupe

Proudly supporting ; Pick N Pull of the greater bay area, NAPA auto parts, Ebay, Suncore Industries, Johnny Franklin mufflers, and Paul Protos electronics restoration.
WHITEOXLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Location: Santa Rosa, Sonoma County (the "other" wine country) California

Postby Brad4d » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Thanks Don and Bruce. I've found a few sites for specific cars I've owned. A baja Bug group, and even one for Tempo's & Topaz. I had a 93 & 94 Topaz, both with the V6 & 5 speed, coupes.(stupid fast for a factory Topaz...lol) This group is by far the most informed, and organised. Ford guys seem to be some of the best car fans, it seems the Lincoln guys(& gals) are even better. I'm one of those who likes to research a lot before making a move, and this site is perfect for me. Most questions I've had, I've found answers for in the forums. Already been thought of, and figured out. I'm trying to limit questions to when I'll do something about it. Lots to consider about the braking system, reinforcing after a coil conversion, TV cable bushing, and other things I wouldn't have thought about until it became a problem. For now, its all stock, and I don't plan on changing much. Plugs, maybe wires, air filter. That sort of thing. A couple of electrical issues I'm(and Paul Protos) fixing over winter, but the car was looked after & garage kept. I feel lucky to have found just what I wanted, and it needs little. I'm sure stuff will come up as I put miles on it, but with this site, I'm not too stressed about it. I've measured 15 miles per gallon so far, but hoping those tune up things, & an alignment will get it a bit better....here's to hoping. :lol:
Bradford (Brad) Bailey
Brad4d

Return to The Welcome Center