Fuel sending unit for 92 LSC

Exclusive listing of Lincoln Mark VII related items only. Items inactive for more than 60 days will be automatically removed.

Fuel sending unit for 92 LSC

Postby Brad4d » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:52 pm

I'm looking for a sending unit for my '92 LSC. The tank was replaced, but the sending unit doesn't work(stays at half full??). It is assumed to be for a Bill Blas with the digital dash. I'm in Eastern Canada. Also. I saw mention of Art Bailey telling where to cut to create an access in the trunk, to make it easier. The straps are a bit rusty, so I may drop it anyway. Advise on getting the straps, as well as the sending unit appreciated too. Thanks.
Bradford (Brad) Bailey
1992 LSC Black on black. all stock
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada (No, I don't fish, or play hockey :lol: )
"I'm old enough to know I'm grumpy, just not old enough to know I'm old" (48 yrs.)
Brad4d

Re: Fuel sending unit for 92 LSC

Postby oldschool1 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:06 pm

Hi Brad,
See this thread at http://www.thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=292 for an explanation of what's happening and the proper correction.
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby Brad4d » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:06 pm

Thanks John. It looks like some of the posts are missing. As a registered user, do some not show up? The post that started the thread explaining the question isn't there. It starts with Josh asking if it is the correct fuel strainer. Did the original poster say their gauge was stuck at half full too? It seems like they're talking about fuel starvation. If the original problem was a gauge stuck at half, after a new replacement, then it seems like an easy fix. There is also the picture of where the access hole needs to be cut to take it apart without dropping the tank. That's cool, I wonder if the measurements are around anywhere...Art even gave the part number at Rock Auto...$5.60 in 2009 :lol: I just looked, they still stock it. It's $5.70 now :o Please let me know if that thread is about a stuck gauge, or starvation. Very cool if thats the part I need. Thanks muchly!!!
Bradford (Brad) Bailey
"I'm old enough to know I'm grumpy, just not old enough to know I'm old" (48 yrs.)
Brad4d

Postby Brad4d » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:51 pm

....to add, I've never had a problem with the fuel sender(pump), just that the dash gauge doesn't move. I've seen that the BB with digital dash sending unit, is different than the LSC's analog. The previous owner referred to the problem as "the gauge thingie in the tank is the wrong one" :lol:
Bradford (Brad) Bailey
Brad4d

Postby Brad4d » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:41 am

Just found this thread now. John, you even show where I need to look in, to put a ground to the tank, in case that's the problem. I'll try when I can. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8318&p=69834&hilit=sending+unit#p69834
Bradford (Brad) Bailey
Brad4d

Postby oldschool1 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:47 am

Brad4d wrote:Thanks John. It looks like some of the posts are missing. As a registered user, do some not show up? The post that started the thread explaining the question isn't there. It starts with Josh asking if it is the correct fuel strainer. Did the original poster say their gauge was stuck at half full too? It seems like they're talking about fuel starvation. If the original problem was a gauge stuck at half, after a new replacement, then it seems like an easy fix. There is also the picture of where the access hole needs to be cut to take it apart without dropping the tank. That's cool, I wonder if the measurements are around anywhere...Art even gave the part number at Rock Auto...$5.60 in 2009 :lol: I just looked, they still stock it. It's $5.70 now :o Please let me know if that thread is about a stuck gauge, or starvation. Very cool if thats the part I need. Thanks muchly!!!

Posts can be deleted over the years sometimes when the account owner deletes them or the account is closed due to misuse or when Jupiter aligns with Mars.

The thread is about fuel starving when the incorrect strainer is imstalled.
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby oldschool1 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:49 am

Brad4d wrote:Just found this thread now. John, you even show where I need to look in, to put a ground to the tank, in case that's the problem. I'll try when I can. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8318&p=69834&hilit=sending+unit#p69834

Yup.
That too is something to correct.
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Return to Want To Buy