window track rubber

preparation, wax removal, washing, sealing, waxing, detailing

window track rubber

Postby tis245 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:10 pm

Does anyone know if a thunderbird's rubber window track will fit? If so what years work? The drivers side on mine is pretty torn up.
Thanks from Dayton Ohio
Chris Gaston
tis245

Re: window track rubber

Postby tis245 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:45 am

I have looked at that before and it is helpful information. Unfortunately the part I was talking about is the rubber track that the window slides in. It is ripped where it got bent into the channel where it seats and someone just left it there all crammed into it. So when I got the car I pulled it out, and got it into the right position. I found a rip about 3" long and when you roll the window up you have to hold the rubber or the window tries to grab it and fold it in on itself. I thought by the looks of the 90s Thunderbirds that maybe the track might work, and if anyone would know it would be the guys on the forum.
Thanks Chris
Thanks from Dayton Ohio
Chris Gaston
tis245

Postby rmjak » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:45 pm

some time ago I posted that oem dew wipes can be purchased from steel rubber company along with all of parts numbers you would need to order them. I tried to find that info on our site but can't find it maybe you will have better luck.
'89 LSC purchased new 7 SEP 1989
rmjak
CLUB MEMBER

Postby 90 MarkVII BB » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:51 am

rmjak wrote:some time ago I posted that oem dew wipes can be purchased from steel rubber company along with all of parts numbers you would need to order them. I tried to find that info on our site but can't find it maybe you will have better luck.

This one?

The Cross Reference Thread.

It's SteeleRubber.com
"Ivory" - 1990 Mark VII Bill Blass Edition
3G Alternator, Arnott Air springs front/rear, hardwired dashcam, Tigerpaw whitewalls, all 4 brake lines new NiCopp, all else factory.
In the works - Backup cam, Addco#415.
90 MarkVII BB
CLUB MEMBER

Return to Exterior