My other ride: Oldsmobile

General open questions about any and all vehicles, motorcycles, bikes, boats, planes, trains

My other ride: Oldsmobile

Postby Rayneman91 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:24 pm

My other ride, you would say is very pedestrian. Haha it's a 98 Oldsmobile intrigue. It was my grandfathers before I bought it so it was well taken care of and I have taken good care of it. It's got the 3.8L series 2 V6, they are bulletproof, and it only has a little over 65000 miles, and it's well optioned
Rayneman91

Re: My other ride: Oldsmobile

Postby artbaileyjr » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:51 pm

It's very cool when you know the history of the car, and you know that it was well cared for.
Pictures???
Congratulations!

Art
..... It's more about the people, than it is about the cars .....

... 1988 LSC 5 spd - Shifty ............... 1990 LSC SE - Trusty ............... 1991 LSC SE - Dusty ...
http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/200 ... uide1.html
http://www.lincolnlandonline.com/index.html
1984 Base Turbo diesel, Silver - 1986 Bill Blass, Med Sandlewood, - 1988 LSC, Shadow Blue - 1988 LSC, Black, 5 spd -1988 Bill Blass, White - 1990 SE, Black
1991 SE, Black - 1991 LSC, Currant Red - 1991 LSC, White - 1991 SE, Currant Red. All straight, licensed, garaged and completely dependable.
artbaileyjr
DECEASED MEMBERS

Location: Southeast Idaho or Southern Ca, depending on the season!

Postby LINKEN 1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:35 am

Just picked up this baby, 1994 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Elite. 3.8l supercharged. Spent every winter in Florida ( retired GM employee ), underbody has been oiled + the car has been well maintained. No Lincoln star but I couldn't pass this one up! ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1989 LSC Dark Titainiam
1955 Lincoln Capri 4dr 341cu in
1966 Rambler Classic 770 wagon
2001 Lincoln ls 3.9l v8
2012 Lincoln MKS
LINKEN 1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby WHITEOXLSC » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:00 pm

I also own an Oldsmobile. This was my second car, bought from the original owner years ago. 1975 Old Omega Hatchback coupe, 5.7 litre V8 with quadrajet 4bbl and true duel exhaust. Has most every option you could get on these, including power windows and locks. As you can see by the dust, I haven't driven this in years. It will need some work to get it back on the road, from sitting so long. But least it is in the garage out of the weather. ;)

Last edited by WHITEOXLSC on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bruce
WHITEOXLSC
ImageImageImageImage

1990 Regatta Blue LSC (newest addition aka Blu)
1986 Mark VII Silver LSC (sold, aka the Grey Ghost)
1990 Mark VII Oxford White LSC (new addition aka the WhiteOx)
1993 Ford Green Explorer Sport 2WD 4.0L V6 (daily driver do everything truck)(loaded first generation)
1988 Ford Blue/mostly rust brown Ranger 2.9L V6 STX P/U (Old faithful) (dead trans, 358XXX miles, sold)
1975 Oldsmobile Blue Omega Hatchback Coupe

Proudly supporting ; Pick N Pull of the greater bay area, NAPA auto parts, Ebay, Suncore Industries, Johnny Franklin mufflers, and Paul Protos electronics restoration.
WHITEOXLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Location: Santa Rosa, Sonoma County (the "other" wine country) California

Postby cfcjr » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:41 pm

Nice Olds... It doesn't look like it would take too much to get it road worthy.
Charlie
2013 Lincoln MKS 3200 Miles
2007 Grand Marquis LS 50,000 miles
2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited 145,000 miles
1989 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 90,000 miles
1968 Cougar "XR7"
cfcjr
CLUB MEMBER

Postby WHITEOXLSC » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:14 am

cfcjr wrote:Nice Olds... It doesn't look like it would take too much to get it road worthy.

Thank you,
About three years ago I moved to my present location and I needed to move it. It had been sitting for years and lo and behold it fired right up, and I put it on the trailer. Got it here and it started right up and I moved it to where it sits now. Yeah it wouldn't take much, a detail, oil change, maybe some carb work (from sitting), clean the fuel lines and a new set of tires (dry rotted from age). Ahhhh someday :|
Bruce
WHITEOXLSC
ImageImageImageImage

1993 Ford Green Explorer Sport 2WD 4.0L V6 (daily driver do everything truck)(loaded first generation)
1988 Ford Blue/mostly rust brown Ranger 2.9L V6 STX P/U (Old faithful) (dead trans, 358XXX miles, sold)

Proudly supporting ; Pick N Pull of the greater bay area, NAPA auto parts, Ebay, Suncore Industries, Johnny Franklin mufflers, and Paul Protos electronics restoration.
WHITEOXLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Postby WHITEOXLSC » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:28 pm

WHITEOXLSC wrote:Image

This was my second car, bought from the original owner back in 1984. I drove it as my daily driver for some time before I parked it because I got a Ranger pickup and used that for my daily driver. Well after 20 some years of sitting, I decided that it is time to get this old girl up and running again. I did a once over and the brake hoses need replacing with a system flush, along with an oil change, battery and tires of course. Will change the oil first and see if I can fire it up with the use of a gas can. Will have to check the condition of the gas tank and fuel lines. The engine only has about 2k miles on it. When you look back at one of these cars today, it reminds you on how far we have come. No computer, no ABS, no airbags, no fuel injection. The only fancy accessories where power windows/locks/steering/brakes and air conditioning, oh and throw in a cigarette lighter and a glove box light and you were in "deluxe" territory.. Now pretty much all this is included with todays cars........

I used to show it at car shows before life got in the way :mrgreen:
Bruce
WHITEOXLSC
ImageImageImageImage

WHITEOXLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Postby MarkVII88 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:25 pm

Nice car White!

In reply to the now disappeared OP's 4 year old post saying the 3800 Series II engine is bulletproof, that is true to an extent. More cars with the Series II 3.8 have ended up in scrap yards because of planned obsolescence (*cough*plastic cooling pipes*cough*) than GM would ever admit. :|
'88 LSC (totaled)
MarkVII88

Postby WHITEOXLSC » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:35 am

MarkVII88 wrote:Nice car White!

In reply to the now disappeared OP's 4 year old post saying the 3800 Series II engine is bulletproof, that is true to an extent. More cars with the Series II 3.8 have ended up in scrap yards because of planned obsolescence (*cough*plastic cooling pipes*cough*) than GM would ever admit. :|

This car originally had a 4.3 (260) Olds V8 which was pretty much a dog. I replaced it years ago with a 5.7 (350) Olds V8 with a quadrajet four bbl carb. Interesting enough, the 260 had a dueljet carb which was nothing more than a quadrajet with the back barrels sealed off :o . I tried a four bbl on the 260, but it didn't help any, not enough vacuum to open the back barrels. :? :lol: I think it's going to be fun to get to drive this again, definitely not any around on the streets here anymore.... 8-)
Bruce
WHITEOXLSC
ImageImageImageImage

WHITEOXLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Postby WHITEOXLSC » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:42 pm

Well today I pulled the wheels off to get ready to replace the fuel and brake hoses. Have a new fuel pump ordered (even though the one on it was new 17 years ago :) ) When I used to drive this, I remember getting parts was easy, most were off the shelf, and the junk yards where full of them. Today I have to keep telling myself that this is 40 years old now....parts are not as easy to obtain :shock: Lucky that GM used a lot of parts on other GM cars so they are still available, unlike our beloved Mark VII's where some parts are non existent :evil: Another thing I forgot, is how simple these cars where, I was looking at the factory shop manual and had to laugh as I turned to the wiring layout.........The whole car is on one fold out page :mrgreen:

Cheers
Bruce
WHITEOXLSC
ImageImageImageImage

WHITEOXLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Postby ricardocordoba » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:12 am

Cool Oldsmobile. Don't see these much anymore. Use to see them more often as a kid that grew up in the 80s.
ricardocordoba
CLUB MEMBER

Postby WHITEOXLSC » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:13 pm

ricardocordoba wrote:Cool Oldsmobile. Don't see these much anymore. Use to see them more often as a kid that grew up in the 80s.

Thanks, Yeah they are very scarce around here too. When it was my daily driver, there were many on the road in including the other GM variants, the Chevy Nova, Buick Skylark/Apollo, Pontiac Phoenix/Ventura. The yards where also full, so parts picking was easy. Today however, as with our Marks VII's, there are few, if any, on the road or in the yards. Another reason I decided it was time to bring it back to life and cruise it around. :mrgreen:
Bruce
WHITEOXLSC
ImageImageImageImage

WHITEOXLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Postby WHITEOXLSC » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:14 pm

Just an update, since both the ox and blu are hanging out in the garage, I'm poking along on the olds. New battery, fresh oil, filter, cap, rotor, wires, and fuel pump, it fired right up running from a gas can. Going to replace the original fuel lines, brake hoses and I discovered that the master cylinder has leaked from sitting. Going to rebuild it with a kit since it was made right here in the good ole USA. Todays replacements, though inexpensive, are Chinese made. I'm sure it is just the seals went bad from lack of use. Will see when I do a teardown. I know this isn't a Mark VII or even a Ford product, but I figure you guys will understand and appreciate the venture of bringing something back to life after a long rest. :mrgreen:
Bruce
WHITEOXLSC
ImageImageImageImage

WHITEOXLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Postby murdomino » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:20 pm

Any progress is good progress, no matter the make! Keep up the good work!
I bleed oval blue!
1988-Mark VII w/ 53k miles
murdomino

Return to My Other Car