electric seat fuse

Discussion of STOCK anti-theft system, charging system, connections, fuses, grounds, ignition system, lighting system, relays, sensors, switches, wiring systems.

electric seat fuse

Postby panhard » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:10 am

Hi Guy's

Another question.

I see the fuse or circuit breaker for the electric seats is located under the bonnet, can you tell me what I am looking for and where it is located under the bonnet.

Cheers.

John
Down Under
1988 Lincoln Mark VII
panhard

Re: electric seat fuse

Postby oldschool1 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:06 pm

You are looking for the grey, rectangular shaped circuit breaker attached to the starter relay. It should be hot at all times.

oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby panhard » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:04 am

Many thanks for the illustrated solution, would never have found it myself.

Cheers.

John
1988 Lincoln Mark VII
panhard

Postby oldschool1 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:28 am

You are welcome.
Continue to post here with what you find and how you go about correcting it.
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby panhard » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:31 am

Having found the circuit breaker hanging loose I am at a loss to work out why it has only one wire attached, the black with white line that feeds into the wiring harness, can't find any other loose wire. Perhaps this is where my whole problem lies so can anyone tell me what other wire if any should be attached (colour code would be helpful).

Cheers.

John
1988 Lincoln Mark VII
panhard

Postby oldschool1 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:07 am

Our OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) circuit breakers came with a flat eyelet for one post to be connected to the starter relay, and another post with a connector for a small gauge wire. Basically, one connection in and one connection out. If you found your circuit breaker and one end is connected to a wire going into the harness, then the other end should be connected to the ALWAYS HOT terminal of your starter relay.

Today's replacements ~may~ look different, but they serve the very same purpose; to meter the flow of electricity and interrupt it if it becomes to great. Pleaase note that in the examples below, the flat stock with two wholes in it is ONLY for securing the circuit breaker and NOT a part of the circuit.

http://www.carcircuitbreakers.com
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Return to Electrical