wiring diagram for 89 mark VII

Discussion of STOCK anti-theft system, charging system, connections, fuses, grounds, ignition system, lighting system, relays, sensors, switches, wiring systems.

Re: wiring diagram for 89 mark VII

Postby K MANIAC » Wed May 25, 2011 10:46 pm

topdog1114 wrote:can anybody provide or email me a charging system wiring diagram for my 89 lsc. the alt is not charging and i am an old chevy guy so im not familiar with the ford system.Any help is appreciated.

First things First - In order for the alternator to successfully charge the battery, your AMP Warning Light must illuminate when the ignition key is in the "ON" (Run) position and the engine is NOT running [...also known as "Key On, Engine Off" or KOEO]. If this warning light bulb is burned out or missing, the battery will NOT recharge from the alternator, even if the alternator and voltage regulator check out as "Good" on a bench test.

Below is the schematic. Good Luck.

BTW - Please post an introduction in the Welcome Section. We would all like to meet you. :D
"This car may be old, but it will still climb Kirker Pass at 110!"- quote of the original owner of my green 1964 Chrysler 300-K

1986 Continental
1989 Mark VII Bill Blass (Oxford White)
1989 Mark VII LSC (Pewter Metallic)
1989 Mark VII LSC (Sandstone Metallic)
1/2 of a 1992 Town Car Signature (my guaranteed inheritance)
K MANIAC
BOARD MEMBER

Postby oldschool1 » Fri May 27, 2011 12:47 am

The three connectors behind and below the alternator tend to crack and melt over time.
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby panhard » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:19 am

Hi Folks,

Been having trouble entering a post so taking this opportunity. I'm an old guy in Western Australia who for the past 26 years have owned a Simca Vedette until selling last year and then developing withdrawal symptoms in not having an old car to play with. Well two weeks ago I was seduced by Lincoln MK V11 Bill Blass which could be one of about 5 in the country and next thing its in my garage. The car was imported into Australia back in 2006 and has never been on the road since, so there are things to rectify before it can be licensed. You can imagine what I have put myself in for by taking on a car that is a real orphan particularly without any backup or parts available. I am appealing for you help in locating the set of wiring diagrams so that I can begin sorting out the electrical problems and I think I may need the drivers (left hand) door switches i.e. seat control and the door lock, plus I need a left hand headlight with a good reflector. I don't mind paying a fair price for the items and I have an address in Ohio to where they can be posted.

Cheers from Down Under.

John
1988 Lincoln Mark VII
panhard

Postby oldschool1 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:43 pm

panhard wrote:Hi Folks,

Been having trouble entering a post so taking this opportunity.

Which device are you using to connect to the site?
panhard wrote:I'm an old guy in Western Australia who for the past 26 years have owned a Simca Vedette until selling last year and then developing withdrawal symptoms in not having an old car to play with. Well two weeks ago I was seduced by Lincoln MK V11 Bill Blass which could be one of about 5 in the country and next thing its in my garage. The car was imported into Australia back in 2006 and has never been on the road since, so there are things to rectify before it can be licensed. You can imagine what I have put myself in for by taking on a car that is a real orphan particularly without any backup or parts available. I am appealing for you help in locating the set of wiring diagrams so that I can begin sorting out the electrical problems and I think I may need the drivers (left hand) door switches i.e. seat control and the door lock, plus I need a left hand headlight with a good reflector. I don't mind paying a fair price for the items and I have an address in Ohio to where they can be posted.

Cheers from Down Under.

John

John,
The EVTM for our cars has been one of the BEST tools I'll ever own. They can be shipped to your door from these guys.

http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/

oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby robertbweltzien » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:12 pm

Welcome, panhard as a new club member from Australia! Back to the alternator, the battery terminal at the back has a tendency to lose its insulation and short out on the engine right cylinder head because of the way it is clocked. It has happened to me. It's something to consider when you r&r the alternator.

Bob
Medicine, Biomedicine, Mechanics and MK VIIs
robertbweltzien
CLUB MEMBER

Return to Electrical