Hi, new here.

The Welcome Center is designed to provide you with information concerning your visit to our Club. Each first time visitor should stop by and tell us about yourself. The purpose of this introduction is to provide us with the necessary information to properly greet and welcome you to our forum.

Hi, new here.

Postby 4slinger » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:10 pm

I am an old car fan, mostly personal luxury types, and have owned a handful of old cars in the past 35 years or so. A 48 Dodge Club Coupe fully restored, 64 Thunderbird, 63 Thunderbird, 63 Old's Starfire, 74 Buick Electra 225. Not counting the one's in high school and in my twenty's, 67 and 68 Cougar and in 1976 I bought a 1970 Buick Riviera GS with buckets and full console, only wish I would have had more appreciation of what that car was. What can I say, youth and ignorance. I have recently gotten the bug to get another old (classic) car to tinker with and enjoy. Always loved the 83 to 88 Thunderbirds, especially the Turbo Coupe, but never owned one. Remember seeing a Lincoln Mark VII back then so that recently came to mind and have fallen in love with this car, very pleased to find this club. So at this moment I am in the process of looking to see what's out there, look forward to learning more about the car and learning a great deal from the great people here.
Hope you all have a safe and happy new year.
1989 Lincoln Mark VII LSC, Arctic white/dark blue.
2007 Harley Davidson VRSCR Streetrod. Only made 06-07, the non cruiser sport roadster V-Rod.
4slinger

Re: Hi, new here.

Postby 4slinger » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:29 pm

Just to note, I am in Denver, Colorado if there are any other enthusiasts around. Also a motorcyclist.
1989 Lincoln Mark VII LSC, Arctic white/dark blue.
2007 Harley Davidson VRSCR Streetrod. Only made 06-07, the non cruiser sport roadster V-Rod.
4slinger

Postby Brad4d » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:31 pm

Welcome to the group, and the obsession. I just bought my Mark VII a few months ago, a '92 LSC, black with black leather, & fairly well optioned. It's my first, & I started looking for it a few years ago. I'm on the east coast of Canada, & not too many around here. Rust is a problem locally. Hopefully, Denver will have more to choose from. With all of the things these cars have in them to go wrong, and limited parts available, I'd suggest finding the best one you can, instead of a fixer-upper. It's tempting, when you see one at a lower price, but its my opinion that it'll cost a lot more in the long run. They're pretty well built, but a 25+ year old car. Sounds like you've been around the scene long enough that you'd might agree. Unless you really enjoy the challenge. That used to be me, but not so much anymore. Good luck with the search. I think a car is like a pet, when the right one comes along, things just line up right.
Bradford (Brad) Bailey
1992 LSC Black on black. all stock
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada (No, I don't fish, or play hockey :lol: )
"I'm old enough to know I'm grumpy, just not old enough to know I'm old" (48 yrs.)
Brad4d

Postby CDW6212R » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:34 pm

Welcome, and I agree, take your time and find the right one for you. Some parts are harder to source, so look at those items carefully on used possibilities, and hunt those soon when you can.
Don
1991 Red Special Edition, my 2nd SE, dead paint, DWS 255/45/17's on 95 Cobra wheels, and soon; DVD/Navi/backup camera, OBDII and the 347, before custom paint.
98 Mountaineer with Continental DWS 255/55/18's, big sway bars, custom brakes. Soon to be A4WD with XP8 bumpers and wing.

ImageImage
CDW6212R
CLUB MEMBER

Postby WHITEOXLSC » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:38 am

Welcome to the forum. I totally agree on what has already been said. As these cars get older, they are getting harder and harder to find in a decent shape. One will come along with patience. Some just come along unexpected too. :o That's how I acquired "Blu" , our blue 90 lsc. I really wasn't even looking, but this one came up on craigslist that was just to good to be true. Original owner, low mileage, with all paperwork and garaged since new, I just could not past it up. ....... So keep a look out, one will come along someday.......

Keep us posted one what you come up with and remember we are all here to give you advice if you need it. :mrgreen:
Bruce
WHITEOXLSC
ImageImageImageImage

1990 Regatta Blue LSC (newest addition aka Blu)
1986 Mark VII Silver LSC (sold, aka the Grey Ghost)
1990 Mark VII Oxford White LSC (new addition aka the WhiteOx)
1993 Ford Green Explorer Sport 2WD 4.0L V6 (daily driver do everything truck)(loaded first generation)
1988 Ford Blue/mostly rust brown Ranger 2.9L V6 STX P/U (Old faithful) (dead trans, 358XXX miles, sold)
1975 Oldsmobile Blue Omega Hatchback Coupe

Proudly supporting ; Pick N Pull of the greater bay area, NAPA auto parts, Ebay, Suncore Industries, Johnny Franklin mufflers, and Paul Protos electronics restoration.
WHITEOXLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Location: Santa Rosa, Sonoma County (the "other" wine country) California

Postby oldschool1 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:07 pm

4slinger wrote:I am an old car fan, mostly personal luxury types, and have owned a handful of old cars in the past 35 years or so. A 48 Dodge Club Coupe fully restored, 64 Thunderbird, 63 Thunderbird, 63 Old's Starfire, 74 Buick Electra 225. Not counting the one's in high school and in my twenty's, 67 and 68 Cougar and in 1976 I bought a 1970 Buick Riviera GS with buckets and full console, only wish I would have had more appreciation of what that car was. What can I say, youth and ignorance. I have recently gotten the bug to get another old (classic) car to tinker with and enjoy. Always loved the 83 to 88 Thunderbirds, especially the Turbo Coupe, but never owned one. Remember seeing a Lincoln Mark VII back then so that recently came to mind and have fallen in love with this car, very pleased to find this club. So at this moment I am in the process of looking to see what's out there, look forward to learning more about the car and learning a great deal from the great people here.
Hope you all have a safe and happy new year.

Welcome from sunny downtown Primos, PA!
1988 was the high production year for our Lincoln Mark VIIs. You should start looking there.
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby davefordman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:06 am

WELCOME TO THE CLUB. also am a car lover. sorry so late to reply, was down with the flue and then cut my baby finger off at the first joint.and tore the 3rd finger up but save it. got stitches out today and can use the key board finally. i have an 1988 mark 7 sense 2007. like it so much i get the urge to trade i just get it repainted.so you like t-birds ,me two. one showed is an 83 i have complete redone inside and out.really like it has vent windows. also had an 88 turbo coupe ,but i bough it messed up so i kept it awhile an sold it. these guys here are sharp and friendly. post a few pictures. dave
ImageImage
Mark VII 1988 Color-#18 Smoke To 2013-Red Candy
1983 Thunderbird Heritage 351W Mild Build .030, Flat tops, 750 Holley, 360 Offenhauser Intake '79 Lincoln AOD, 350 Posi, Mustang headers
2015 UMP A Modified FORD POWERED
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2958013/1 ... o-gallery/
http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/Galler ... .thumb.jpg
davefordman
CLUB MEMBER

Return to The Welcome Center