Lets see your mark!!!!!!!

preparation, wax removal, washing, sealing, waxing, detailing

Re: Lets see your mark!!!!!!!

Postby 86er » Sat May 23, 2015 10:14 pm

New member here, figured I'd get in on the fun! Here's my ride - Image Image
86er

Postby WHITEOXLSC » Sun May 24, 2015 10:21 am

Welcome aboard, from the "left coast" , central California. Beautiful Mark. I've been looking for some RWL tires for mine, they seem to be getting harder to get these days. Yours looks fantastic and I think the RWL tires give it that little extra touch. 8-)
Bruce
WHITEOXLSC
ImageImageImageImage

1990 Regatta Blue LSC (newest addition aka Blu)
1986 Mark VII Silver LSC (sold, aka the Grey Ghost)
1990 Mark VII Oxford White LSC (new addition aka the WhiteOx)
1993 Ford Green Explorer Sport 2WD 4.0L V6 (daily driver do everything truck)(loaded first generation)
1988 Ford Blue/mostly rust brown Ranger 2.9L V6 STX P/U (Old faithful) (dead trans, 358XXX miles, sold)
1975 Oldsmobile Blue Omega Hatchback Coupe

Proudly supporting ; Pick N Pull of the greater bay area, NAPA auto parts, Ebay, Suncore Industries, Johnny Franklin mufflers, and Paul Protos electronics restoration.
WHITEOXLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Location: Santa Rosa, Sonoma County (the "other" wine country) California

Postby IndyDave » Sun May 24, 2015 1:09 pm

Wow! Nice! Welcome!
Image Image
1989 LSC sold in 1995 | 1991 LSC, "Cosmo", sold August 11 2016. I'm "between Marks" at the moment. ;)
IndyDave
CLUB MEMBER

Postby 86er » Sun May 24, 2015 6:23 pm

Thank you both!

WHITEOXLSC - I couldn't agree more about the RWL tires! This Mark is on the east coast (Maine)
86er

Postby northtexas1990 » Mon May 25, 2015 2:50 am

Nice ride. Where did you get your hood scoop? Been thinking about 1 for mine.
northtexas1990

Postby 86er » Tue May 26, 2015 4:45 pm

thanks north. Got the scoop about 10 yrs ago from mustangdepot. not sure if they're still around but the scoop is a fiberglass replica from a cougar eliminator. Couldn't find a decent real one at the time.
86er

Postby dehabur » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:53 pm

Great looking Mark. Keep up the nice work!
dehabur
CLUB MEMBER

Postby WHITEOXLSC » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:50 pm

Well, this is a couple of pix of the new addition. Haven't really taken any good ones of it yet. More to come.
Here it is, in it's new home, the WhiteOx has been moved to the next bay over....
There's a wall between them, so they won't fight :lol:

If it wasn't for the factory CD player, the inside is a spittin image to the WhiteOx.....

Bruce
WHITEOXLSC
ImageImageImageImage

1993 Ford Green Explorer Sport 2WD 4.0L V6 (daily driver do everything truck)(loaded first generation)
1988 Ford Blue/mostly rust brown Ranger 2.9L V6 STX P/U (Old faithful) (dead trans, 358XXX miles, sold)

Proudly supporting ; Pick N Pull of the greater bay area, NAPA auto parts, Ebay, Suncore Industries, Johnny Franklin mufflers, and Paul Protos electronics restoration.
WHITEOXLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Postby knightrider » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:04 pm

Will add some decent photos of mine. Not a bad line in it.

e20834as-960.jpg

410834as-960.jpg

338834as-960.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1990 Mark VII LSC
knightrider
CLUB MEMBER

Postby IndyDave » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:11 pm

Wow! Sweet!
Image Image
1989 LSC sold in 1995 | 1991 LSC, "Cosmo", sold August 11 2016. I'm "between Marks" at the moment. ;)
IndyDave
CLUB MEMBER

Postby BSteelLSC » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:36 pm

Hi Guys, Just thought I would breathe some life into this post and finally post here on the forum. I've somehow ended up with two cars already.

What I have are two LSCs, one being a 1988 and the other a 1990. The '90 is a JBL car with Titanium Frost Metallic (YX) paint and a red leather interior purchased back in 2015 with the intention of being the daily while the '88 gets restored but has slowly become a project of its own. The car was in a small fender bender before I bought it which gave it its red SE grille which then caused the previous owner to match the side molding to the red. The motor was resealed and the trans is built so it runs and drives like a champ. Eventual goal is to have it painted this spring and to have full 2.5" pipe with Venom 250 mufflers, OR H pipe and smog pump delete. From there its going to either be a paxton or trick flow top end kit. This is the fun car and daily driver.

'90 has 144k miles

The '88 is a Premium sound, Rose Quartz Metallic LSC with a Brown leather and cloth interior. Very little options.

The '88 has a very blurry story. The car was owned previously by my late uncle Jason who got if off a friend of his. Nobody knows much else than that. The car is kind of a mystery vehicle being that my uncle was an amazing mechanic and played and tuned the car over the time he had it. Nobody knows what he did to it but it runs like new for almost 170k miles. My uncle told me in early February 2014 being that I had just started driving that he had two cars I could have, one being a 1980 F250 and the other the '88. Being a typical high schooler I wanted what would be cooler so I had more interest in the truck thinking that Mark VIIs were not for me. After some time though the looks and history of the car really got to me and I started to get more interest in it. My Mom's side of the family was all Ford with my Grandfather being a Ford mechanic for decades. My uncles John and Jason both had Lincolns, Johns being a '72 Mark IV that he tinkered with and is slowly fixing and Jason's being the Mark VII. Interestingly enough my grandfather wanted my uncle John to buy the '88 when it came back to ford around 89 or 90 used but my uncle kept the Mark IV. Almost a decade later the '88 ended up with my uncle Jason. After driving it and enjoying it the car became too much for him to keep up with which is where I came in. Unfortunately in March of 2014 my uncle Jason passed away leaving me with the car and all of the notes he made while owning it. As someone who never got to meet his grandfathers the car not only serves as a tie to my uncle but to one of my grandfathers since he worked on it back when it came back to ford.

The '88 had been parked since 2010, but was started every once in a while to be moved in the yard. By summer of 2014 work began on the car to get it down from DuPont, PA to Bethlehem. After some cleaning and basic work here and there the car was loaded onto a flatbed to be transported down to Bethlehem with the help of AAA in 2015. This would be the first time the car ever went somewhere without driving by itself and as I promised myself it would be the last. Once down here the car went to my local mechanic, had an oil change and front brakes redone. The airbags, original to the car, had been pinched from being crushed by the car for over 4 years and needed some stretching to fill up again, but after some work the car hit the road. (We had already bought the '90 at this point). The car is a slow father-son restoration project. It runs like a champ, has 3.08 gears (Swapped out sometime from its original 3.27s) and will put you in your seat in 3rd. Somehow the car manages some great gas mileage numbers. When its summer and the bags hold the car gets in the mid to upper 20s with my best trip being 27 on the highway which was when the '88 made the trip back to Dupont in 2016. This was not only shown by the trip minder but by the receipt when I ran the numbers. Best in town mileage was 20. The car leaks from everywhere with the worst being a coolant leak near the rear of the motor. Eventually it will be resealed as well but for now its not a big deal. The '88 is what got me into these cars, our luxury mustangs, and hopefully will be staying around for a long time.

Both cars are fantastic and different from each other and neither have ever left me stranded. It really is something when you pull up to a Iroc or a ricer and blow them away with your silent 5.0 or in the '88s case a rotting out "hooptie." People are always amazed when I pop the hood to reveal that old windsor. Its also nice to see peoples reaction when you tell them you had factory headers, H pipe and duals which most 80s cars didn't. My goal with both is to put Mark VIIs on the map, through car shows, social media, and any other means so that more people can see these cars and enjoy them like we all do...and maybe help add some value lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BSteelLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Postby WHITEOXLSC » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:33 pm

Great story and welcome to the club. It's nice to see new people take an interest in these cars. I also own two, (had three in my lifetime) it didn't start out that way, but somehow I acquired the third one (aka Blu 1990 LSC bought from original owner) just to save it from being sold to someone that would not appreciate it. The Second (aka the White Ox 1990 LSC) I rescued from the crusher as the owner didn't have room or the time to repair it. The first one I bought/sold years ago (aka the Grey Ghost 1986 LSC). Good luck on your adventure of ownership and remember we are all here to give you a hand at maintaining your new rides.... :mrgreen:
Last edited by WHITEOXLSC on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce
WHITEOXLSC
ImageImageImageImage

WHITEOXLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Postby CDW6212R » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:53 pm

Welcome to the club and forum.

I've got two also, my latest 92 SE to replace my 91 SE with hail damage. I went the other way with gearing, I swapped 3.73's into my 91 right after I bought it, and now intend to stick with the 3.27's in my 92. That's about the best gear if you upgrade the power much, 2000rpm makes it 70mph. I'm going to rebuild a 4R70W with AODE gearing, matching the factory AOD gears, doing away with the AOD weird lock up method. They are all fun to drive, each one is different from how the owner works with it.
Don
1991 Red Special Edition, my 2nd SE, dead paint, DWS 255/45/17's on 95 Cobra wheels, and soon; DVD/Navi/backup camera, OBDII and the 347, before custom paint.
98 Mountaineer with Continental DWS 255/55/18's, big sway bars, custom brakes. Soon to be A4WD with XP8 bumpers and wing.

ImageImage
CDW6212R
CLUB MEMBER

Previous

Return to Exterior