Another Reason to Keep Driving Your Mark VII

Have a bad day? Have a great day? Buy a new car? Get your car broken in to? This is the place to put it all out on the table. Let off some steam or show off in here.

Re: Another Reason to Keep Driving Your Mark VII

Postby WHITEOXLSC » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:37 pm

White Lincoln wrote:
WHITEOXLSC wrote:I'm sure when these cars first came out people thought "wow all those buttons" how complex. Nothing compared to todays cars... I'm with you, keep it simple, but add a few useful gizmos to make the car a little "different". That is what the Mark VII was and that's what I like about it. :mrgreen:

Actually, the Mark was years ahead of other cars in electronics and probably not far behind today's cars. The one big difference is the Mark did not have very much computer control on the engine, that came a few years later after 95.

Yes you are right, it was ahead of it's time for the time it was being made. What I ment was, compare it with one of todays cars with all their fancy electronic crap and the Mark VII looks pretty tame (simple). I like simple :lol: :mrgreen:
Bruce
WHITEOXLSC
ImageImageImageImage

1990 Regatta Blue LSC (newest addition aka Blu)
1986 Mark VII Silver LSC (sold, aka the Grey Ghost)
1990 Mark VII Oxford White LSC (new addition aka the WhiteOx)
1993 Ford Green Explorer Sport 2WD 4.0L V6 (daily driver do everything truck)(loaded first generation)
1988 Ford Blue/mostly rust brown Ranger 2.9L V6 STX P/U (Old faithful) (dead trans, 358XXX miles, sold)
1975 Oldsmobile Blue Omega Hatchback Coupe

Proudly supporting ; Pick N Pull of the greater bay area, NAPA auto parts, Ebay, Suncore Industries, Johnny Franklin mufflers, and Paul Protos electronics restoration.
WHITEOXLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Location: Santa Rosa, Sonoma County (the "other" wine country) California

Previous

Return to Rants and Raves!