Been awhile

Have a bad day? Have a great day? Buy a new car? Get your car broken in to? This is the place to put it all out on the table. Let off some steam or show off in here.

Been awhile

Postby Stargazer LSC » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:08 am

Though I never forgot that I owned two Mark VIIs, I kept those thoughts on the periphery of my memory until I sighted one the other day - that light silver finish just like Tess. Had my own car, an '88 MY Jaguar XJS, not been having some temperature problems, I would have pulled over and reminisced. I just hope the guy or gal is taking care of that thing. I miss the spacious luxury, the intuitive controls, the straightforward engine, and the abundance of parts.

And then I started thinking about the parts I still have from junkyard expeditions that I just never got around to getting on. Should I put them up on the for sale board? I'm not necessarily looking to turn a profit so much as I am looking to make sure they go to a good home. Bowling ball wheels, a dicey tripminder, and even a manual for a '92 that I literally bought just to put in my glove box and feel good are still kicking around. I've got a couple trim pieces from my old cars, so I've got my memories, but the rest of it is just eating space. Optimally, I wouldn't mind simply donating the tripminder and overhead console - we still have a member who rebuilds the things, right? If nothing else, they're spare parts.

I digress, I hope all is well in the land of American luxury. May your air suspension be strong, your DTE accurate, and your chrome never dull.
1992 Lincoln Mk VII LSC "Charisma" (R.I.P.)
Stargazer LSC

Re: Been awhile

Postby CDW6212R » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:19 pm

It's good to see you still around. Post the parts in a thread if you have to let them go, but also browse your local car ads. Sometimes when you don't really expect something, then it turns up. Find another one to enjoy.
Don
1991 Red Special Edition, my 2nd SE, dead paint, DWS 255/45/17's on 95 Cobra wheels, and soon; DVD/Navi/backup camera, OBDII and the 347, before custom paint.
98 Mountaineer with Continental DWS 255/55/18's, big sway bars, custom brakes. Soon to be A4WD with XP8 bumpers and wing.

ImageImage
CDW6212R
CLUB MEMBER

Return to Rants and Raves!