September 2010 Southern California Lunch

Exclusive discussion and posting of Club sponsored, hosted, or authorized Events.

September 2010 Southern California Lunch

Postby artbaileyjr » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:35 pm

Preface:

I start ~my~ final post as the Southern California Chapter Coordinator with an image that is reminiscent of Kat’s and my first experience as chapter coordinators for Southern California, some four years ago. Always being the first ones there at a Bob’s Big Boy, saving spaces, and waiting to see who or if, anyone would show up. Two cars and four folks made up the entire "first" So Cal meet, and in the following four years, we have never had a rain-out or had to cancel a meet. It’s been quite a ride and we have made wonderful, close and lifelong friends along the way.

Above are just a couple of the highlights and some of our California Mark VII family. I personally thank you all for your support, dedication and friendship over the past four years. We’ve also had visitors from the UK, Md., Tx. & Nj. We are quite honored to have played a roll in this chapter, but mostly the fun I’ve had over those years, here in Southern California

My personal friend whose attendance, along with his wonderful wife Chrissy, were the other half of the first So Cal meet, Brent Wilson, will be stepping in as the new So Cal Chapter coordinator.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The Southern California chapter of The Lincoln Mark VII Club held it’s September 2010 meet at Bob’s Big Boy in Sun Valley, California on September 19, 2010.

Our good friend Henry Anton was the first to arrive, followed by new friends, Jeri & John. Steve Spears, Pete and Yolly Sharp, D.B. Samuals and the entire Wilson clan: Brent, Chris, Seth, Ian and Toby, joined in for the fun.

John and Jeri recently inherited John’s father’s 1989, 24,7XX mile time capsule. The car is probably one of the most well preserved examples I have ever seen. John’s father purchased this car new and lovingly pampered the car.

When John and Jerri first arrived, I initially thought that the car had freshly come from the paint shop as it had perfect paint and a color that I had never seen on a Mark VII. It turns out the it WAS freshly painted some 21 years ago at Wixom Michigan with a color code 7F (Twilight Blue Pearl Metallic Clearcoat). Indeed a stunning color. The interior was accessorized with the dealer installed oak trim and sported chrome turbine wheels. There are no signs of wear or damage anywhere with only the typical DTE=0 issue and the e-brake servo having given up, some time in the past. This Mark VII is in magnificent condition and John is still looking through his late father’s belongings trying to find the fog lights that were removed and shelved years ago.

Welcome to the family, John and Jeri!

We all milled around in the parking lot as usual:

The sun took it toll as summer here in the west begins to wane, and we retreated to the outdoor patio for some food, drink and conversation.

D.B & Kat hug as everybody settles in.

Henry Anton - "Mean MK7" - See: http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/Gallery/album56

Ian Wilson

A very animated Steve Spears flanked by Pete Sharp and Seth Wilson.

These and ALL the images can be found at: http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/Galler ... 9ca?page=1

After good conversation, as usual, everybody returned to the parking lot for more conversation; one by one leaving in their time.

Eventually, Kat and I watched Bob’s Big Boy get smaller in our rear view mirror for the last time, knowing well, that the Southern California chapter was in good hands and we had been part of something very special.

Thank you all for the years of friendship.

Art & Kat

The next regularly scheduled So Cal meet will be held on October 17, 2010, same place, same time.
..... It's more about the people, than it is about the cars .....

... 1988 LSC 5 spd - Shifty ............... 1990 LSC SE - Trusty ............... 1991 LSC SE - Dusty ...
http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/200 ... uide1.html
http://www.lincolnlandonline.com/index.html
1984 Base Turbo diesel, Silver - 1986 Bill Blass, Med Sandlewood, - 1988 LSC, Shadow Blue - 1988 LSC, Black, 5 spd -1988 Bill Blass, White - 1990 SE, Black
1991 SE, Black - 1991 LSC, Currant Red - 1991 LSC, White - 1991 SE, Currant Red. All straight, licensed, garaged and completely dependable.
artbaileyjr
DECEASED MEMBERS

Location: Southeast Idaho or Southern Ca, depending on the season!

Re: September 2010 Southern California Lunch

Postby ND4SPDLSC » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:37 am

Thank you guys for everything. I only wish I could have made a meet before your retirement.
1985 Continental, Burgundy - In CT, Free to a good home!
1986 Mark VII LSC, Medium Graphite Metallic (1J), Project #1
1986 Mark VII LSC, Silver Metallic, Parts Car, Gone
1989 Mark VII LSC, Pewter Metallic (17) #, Unfortunate Parts Car, Gone
1989 Mark VII LSC, Pewter Metallic (17) #2, Project #2
1994 Mazda Miata, Classic Red
1999 Dodge Viper ACR, Viper Silver Metallic
1999 Jaguar XJR, Black, Stock
2000 BMW 540i/A, Biarritz Blue
2001 BMW 540i/6, Jet Black, Dinan Sprinkles
2001 BMW M5, Anthracite Metallic, Stock
ND4SPDLSC
CLUB MEMBER

Postby oldschool1 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:37 pm

Nice. Very Nice. I'm getting teary eyed over here.

Has it really been four years? Time flies when you're having fun.

It's cool that Brent and Chrissy want to keep the cruise alive.

Thanks for the memories you two!

The King Is Dead. Love Live The King!
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby artbaileyjr » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:00 am

Hizhonor wrote:Nice. You guys done good and done it up right! So..... how many Mark VIIs do you think live in Idaho besides your five? 8-)

Thank you Jack. Actually, in our tiny town of about a thousand full time residents, there are at least two Mark VIIs, purchased new, stashed in garages, that only come out on special occasions. Kat and I definitely have the market cornered though. We probably own more Mark VIIs than the local Ford Store, Bear Lake Motors, has sold since it opened it's doors in the forties. I once asked the owner, who had become a good friend, how many new cars he currently had in stock. He said three. The rest are trucks & SUV's. :lol:

ND4SPDLSC wrote:Thank you guys for everything. I only wish I could have made a meet before your retirement.

It's been fun, Nick. I'm retiring from work; Not from my love of these cars and the club. There are lots of 'um in the surrounding larger towns. We just have to travel a bit further to round 'um all up in one spot. With some free time and the ability to travel, I hope to get there and meet you (and others) at your end in the upcoming year(s). Carslile is now a distinct possibility, traveling there in one of our Marks. Up until now, It was almost impossible. I DO intend to participate in Fabulous Fords Forever, 2011.

oldschool1 wrote:Nice. Very Nice. I'm getting teary eyed over here.

Has it really been four years? Time flies when you're having fun.

It's cool that Brent and Chrissy want to keep the cruise alive.

Thanks for the memories you two!

I admit, it was a bit emotional driving away from this meet. Yes, it has been just shy of four years. I didn't realize it until I started looking for images of some of the highlights. It has been your support, John; and those of the other club members across the country and world, that fed into our enthusiasm for this club and the So Cal Chapter. It is also you who taught me to take pictures of EVERY FRIGGIN' THING MARK VII that has consumed terabyte after terabyte of drive space and probably 30% of the gallery space, not to mention a thousand Mark VII related images on Photobucket :D :lol: :mrgreen:

Brent has been there from the start and was the "First in So Cal", missing only a couple of meets in these four years; Then, only as a result of illness. I was delighted when he committed to assuming the coordinators duties. He was soley responsible for the success of the Irwindale Raceway cruise. Even though it took two attempts to get it done, it wasn't for lack of trying on his part. Although he doesn't post much, there are few folks that are more well liked by all, or more knowledgeable of these cars than him; he and his family currently owning three and growing. Believe me, he is keenly aware of the goings on of the club as a dedicated lurker. He is organized, knowledgeable and experienced, and always surrounded by people when in public, as a result of his mild and friendly demeanor. Between him and Chrissy, the chapter can only get better with them at the helm. The So Cal Chapter couldn't be in better hands, as he was part and parcel to everything that the chapter has done to date. The club couldn't ask for more, as a Chapter coordinator, and generally nice guy.

Again, Thanks all, and it looks like I get to start from scratch, again, in the Intermountain West. :roll: :? :D

Art
..... It's more about the people, than it is about the cars .....

... 1988 LSC 5 spd - Shifty ............... 1990 LSC SE - Trusty ............... 1991 LSC SE - Dusty ...
http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/200 ... uide1.html
http://www.lincolnlandonline.com/index.html
1984 Base Turbo diesel, Silver - 1986 Bill Blass, Med Sandlewood, - 1988 LSC, Shadow Blue - 1988 LSC, Black, 5 spd -1988 Bill Blass, White - 1990 SE, Black
1991 SE, Black - 1991 LSC, Currant Red - 1991 LSC, White - 1991 SE, Currant Red. All straight, licensed, garaged and completely dependable.
artbaileyjr
DECEASED MEMBERS

Location: Southeast Idaho or Southern Ca, depending on the season!

Postby bestlincolnever » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:34 pm

Hi Guys, I am just sitting here in my house in Bucks County Pa, on a Gloomy Chilly day and looking through some old posts. And ironically as it may seem, I happened upon this thread. The reason I happened upon this thread was because I was searching threads on Turbine Wheels, and it so happens that this thread contains those key words. I am searching Turbine Wheels because the Chromed Turbine Wheels on My New Acquisition (as of March of this year), either need Re chroming, or perhaps switching to some other wheel, or stripping the chrome and painting them. But my first choice would be to chrome them, but it is probably quite costly, and I would also have to find a set of wheels to use while they were off the car and being redone. Anyway, to my amazement it turns out that the Car in the Picture that was just inherited by "John, and Jerry", (The Twilight Blue Metallic), is My car. I bought it from a guy in Ca, that told me He bought it from the Deceased Original Owners Son, in April 2013. I bought it from Him in March 2014. The reason I know that My car is the one in the Pictures is the OP mentions the Wood Dash Dealer Option, and the Chromed Turbine Wheels, which I have posted picts in a previous thread. Also The car arrived to me with the same License Plates as the car in the Picts from 2010. I guess in CA. the plates go with the car. So they went from the Original Owner, to The son, to the New CA. owner, and he left them on the car as it arrived at my house in Fl. Of course as I could not use them in Fl, I disposed of them, and put my own plate on it. So I guess it is a very small world after all in the Mark VII world.
BTW, the car arrived to me with just 26,508 miles on it four years after the picts in this thread were taken.
I was amazed and gratified to just by accident confirm the history of this car.
Luck To All--Semper Fi :D

bestlincolnever

Postby oldschool1 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:31 pm

Best,
Congratulations on the addition to the Family.
It sounds like you are the owner of one of Art Bailey Jr's former vehicles.

I'm just South of you in Primos, PA. We should do lunch and play with cars.
oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Postby CDW6212R » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:55 pm

Welcome, and that is a beautiful car, and the special color too.
Don
1991 Red Special Edition, my 2nd SE, dead paint, DWS 255/45/17's on 95 Cobra wheels, and soon; DVD/Navi/backup camera, OBDII and the 347, before custom paint.
98 Mountaineer with Continental DWS 255/55/18's, big sway bars, custom brakes. Soon to be A4WD with XP8 bumpers and wing.

ImageImage
CDW6212R
CLUB MEMBER

Postby bestlincolnever » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:26 pm

oldschool1 wrote:Best,
Congratulations on the addition to the Family.
It sounds like you are the owner of one of Art Bailey Jr's former vehicles.

I'm just South of you in Primos, PA. We should do lunch and play with cars.

Hi Oldschool, From what I read it seems that The Car belonged to "John and Jerri's father, then John and Jerri inherited it, then someone bought it, and I bought it from him. I think Art was doing the commenting on it in the post, he didn't own it. Either way it is a very low mileage car. It appears that John and Jerri only drove it a few times, and the guy I bought it from also only a few times. The car had 24,7xx miles on it in 2010, and 26,508 when I got it March 2014.
Yes I know where Primos is, love to get together and talk cars sometime, but it will have to wait till next spring, as I am heading back to FL, for the winter in a few days. That's where I keep the car, and I will be happy to get back to it, and enjoy it a little. .
CDW6212R wrote:Welcome, and that is a beautiful car, and the special color too.

Thanks, I do like the color, and the wood dash makes it pop .
bestlincolnever

Postby oldschool1 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:01 am

But ... but ... you're gonna miss all of the fun.

oldschool1
CLUB MEMBER

Return to Club Events